Anybus X-gateway - EtherNet/IP to Modbus TCP Linking Device
Minimize costs when connecting Modbus-TCP networks/devices to ControlLogix® or CompactLogix® controllers with an EtherNet/IP interface.
FAST COPYING I/O DATA (BIG DATA SUPPORT)
The Linking Device primary function is with the fast transfer of large I/O data between the two networks. This offloads your Logix PLC from working with additional calculations. The Linking Device acts as a slave (adapter) on EtherNet/IP and as a powerful client (master), on the Modbus-TCP network, handling up to 8 KB of I/O data. The data transmission between the two networks is completely transparent.
SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH STUDIO 5000
With its unique Studio 5000® Logix designer integration, everything is accessible from within Studio 5000, including Modbus-TCP network configuration. No extra 3rd-party software or licenses needed.
CONNECT, CONFIGURE, DONE
EtherNet/IP Linking Devices are configured using a Custom Add-On Profile for Studio 5000 Logix Designer which dynamically generates data structures based on the configuration. No ladder logic files (add on instructions) needed.
Furthermore, it also supports automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags, which eliminates the need to create alias tags.
Features and benefits
- Minimize costs when connecting Modbus-TCP devices to your PLC. More cost-efficient than an in-chassis solution
- Allows support for "Big Data" - handling up to 8 KB of I/O data over multiple I/O connections on EtherNet/IP
- Speed up configuration through a seamless integration with Studio 5000 Logix Designer
- Compatible with all ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLC’s supporting EtherNet/IP
- Easy to setup with Custom Add-On Profile with no programming required!
- Everything configured through Studio 5000, no 3rd party software or licenses needed
- Dynamically generates data structures in Studio 5000 with no required user logic
- Supports automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags
- Configuration backup in Studio 5000 project and Controller memory
Modbus-TCP Client/Master interface
The Linking Device has an integrated powerful Modbus-TCP Client/Master interface
MODBUS-TCP CLIENT FEATURES
- Up to 4 KB of cyclic and acyclic I/O data in each direction
- Controls up to 64 Modbus-TCP server (slaves) connections and transactions
- Downlink Live List providing Modbus-TCP transaction status to uplink PLC
- Control and Status words for downlink network control/status
- Supports the generation of Process Variable Data Tags on Modbus command level
- Supported Modbus-TCP functions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 15, 16, 23
- Dual RJ-45 ports available simultaneously. 10/100Mbit operation in full or half-duplex
- Modbus-TCP network configuration accessed through Studio 5000